Freedom Day Celebration- Rain or Shine Wheatfields will be holding their Freedom Day Celebration ‘Cookout & Concert’ to celebrate the kick off of the 4th of July weekend. Don’t miss out on LIVE music by the Blackwater Draw Boys, FREE hot dogs and hamburgers and a chance to WIN a barbecue grill. Nothing but fun at Wheatfields Senior Living Community!
It was our favorite time of year at Wheatfields- Pioneer Days! We are fortunate enough to be one of the community visits the Rodeo Queens stop into for a photo opportunity. We say ‘Yeeeehaw!’ Thank you for all our wonderful community members who make Pioneer Days possible each year. We wouldn’t be CLOVIS without it!
Hope everyone had a “Hoppy Easter!” Our residents enjoyed a delicious lunch with their families on April 17. The Easter Bunny came to visit Wheatfields where over 300 eggs where hidden for local children. We gave away a fantastic Easter Basket full of goodies to one lucky family. Check out our photos from the event:
On April 10- Wheatfields hosted a Volunteer Appreciation social in our very own Ice Cream Parlor. Attendees entered to win a gift basket and took home a small appreciation gift while enjoying ice cream and an assortment of pies. Wheatfields is proud to celebrate volunteerism in our communities. ‘THANK YOU’ to the amazing volunteers!
Mark your calendars this April for exciting events happening at Wheatfields Senior Living Community!
· April 10: Celebrate National Volunteer Recognition Week at our Ice Cream Parlor with a Volunteer Appreciation Social from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, April 10. Have some ice cream and pie with us and take home a small appreciation gift. It’s our way of saying ‘Thank You’ to the wonderful volunteers who help out our community.
· April 13: The ever-popular Curry County Outlaws are back in concert from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Join us for a rockin’ good time!
· April 17: Calling all toddlers and preschoolers … come by Wheatfields’ annual Easter Eggtravaganza with an Easter Egg Hunt at 1 p.m. Have your photo taken with the Easter Bunny himself and take home some sweet treats. This will be event fun for the WHOLE family!
· April 21: See firsthand what a worry-free lifestyle can do for you. Bien Venidos to our Retirement Cottage Open House from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Have some drinks, appetizers and enjoy a live cooking demonstration by our Dietary Specialist Ernie Foster.
· April 22: The Memory Care Support Group meets at 10:30 a.m. and is here for your family as they learn to understand Alzheimer’s. Join Priscilla Lujan from the National Alzheimer’s Association who is here to help.
· April 23: The Widow-Widower Support Group meets at 1:30pm in the Dining Room . This encouraging group is here to offer their support.
For information about our events contact Dianna at : 575-762-8700